Sonoma County at a Glance
Sonoma County’s homelessness per 1,000 residents rate remains one of the highest in the nation and much work remains.
- There are almost 3,000 homeless people in Sonoma County.
- 84% of those experiencing homelessness are from Sonoma County.
- Approximately two out of three homeless people are without any emergency or transitional shelter. That means that two-thirds of the homeless population are living on the streets.
- 56% of Sonoma County homeless have been homeless for a year or more.
- 44% reported a disability condition.
- In 2011 4,539 were homeless, in 2018 there are 2,995 homeless.
- 91% of 104 homeless families with 339 members are sheltered.